Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Getting dressed

Okay, I admit it; my mind is always going in a million different directions most hours of the day. I typically can not complete a task because I automatically jump to the next task when I am about 80% complete. But some things should be just so ingrained that I shouldn't’t have to worry about finishing the task. For example: getting dressed. I have been getting dressed on my own for probably 27 years now and this shouldn't’t be an issue. However, I have noticed since motherhood dressing has been an issue.

Case in point: One time when Lawson was 2 months old and had her first round of shots I immediately nursed her to calm her down. Once I had a happy baby again I walked out of the doctor’s office with all of the confidence of a new mommy who successfully got her child to calm down in record time. As I walked past the other parents in the waiting room I noticed several eyes following me. I remember thinking they are just admiring my beautiful big baby. It wasn’t until I got in the car I realize people were not looking at me because I had a cute baby but because my shirt was still unbuttoned!!

I have also been guilty of XYZ- Examine your Zipper!! Leaving the bathroom too fast to get to a needy child and only to realize much later that my fly is wide open.

So today!! Yes just today! I am walking into daycare and a nice woman who I often greet every morning but never talked too, came up to me to tell me “honey, your shirt is inside out!” Lovely!!! My only response due to my embarrassment was "guess you can tell what kind of morning I've had!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am still laughing! At least you have the kids and "mommy brain" you can blame it all on. I am often guilty of XYZ and I have gotten my car on the way to work and relized my shirt was inside out but since I don't have any children I don't have a good excuse. Take care - Jill

Maridith said...

Glad to see I am not the only one with these issues!! I am sure if I think hard enough I can remember doing this before kids but I am sure it wasn't as frequent. Maridith

Donna Wright said...

Sorry, but I am totally laughing at you right now...I mean with you! I have done the same thing but hadn't left the house yet...the company at our house noticed it! I did get to my car the other day with two different shoes on!