Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Lawson and I had a wonderful time going to Pullen Park and then the Farmer's Market on Saturday. After we did the fun stuff I decided we needed to go to Joanne's Fabric. This whole time Lawson had been diaper free and letting me know each time she needed to go. Well we got into Joanne's and the line was a little longer then I had anticipated. Lawson looks at me and says "Mommy I need to pee-pee" So I drop everything I have and frantically look for the bathroom. As we are walking towards the back. Lawson says "uh-oh" and sure enough she is going on the floor. I quickly move her to behind a display case and let her finish in one place. (what else was I to do?) so I look at all of the material that would make perfect wipe rags and resist the urge. I also resisted the urge to just walk away. So I carry my 2 year old to the front with wet pants, as she carelessly says "Mommy I peed on the floor, not nice" Needless to say with a beet red face I ask the cashier for something to wipe up the mess. The manager was very sweet and said all mothers have been through this and not too worry.

Then today, Labor Day! Today we went shopping and not too much else but relax (whatever that means). I was trying to get Lawson to take a nap and Ms. Sneaky came down stairs covered head to toe in pink something. Collins immediately pops up and says I got the paint you got her. I had no idea what the pink stuff was but quickly realized it was the pink paint from the touch-ups from Lawson's big girl room. (she still has not transferred over to a big-girls bed) We were very fortunate that Lawson was the main victim to her artistic ways. The carpet (brand new!) only got a little on it. I wish I had taken a picture but that was not my first thought at the time.

Although our Wolfpack team didn't win and we didn't go anywhere exciting we had a nice weekend! I hope you all did too.

Special Request: I ask that anyone who reads this blog to please keep Hinton in your thoughts and prayers. His mother, Melissa McGee, was a Meredith Angel and Hinton at 11 months old is the victim of child abuse by his babysitter. He is at WakeMed with severe head trauma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep this great blog going. I love it! Gale