Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cailyn’s 1st Birthday Celebration

My baby girl turned the big O-N-E yesterday.  As much as I was dreading this day it was also a very exciting day.  I told my sister I can not believe how fast a year has gone, yet at the same time I can not remember life without her, as if she has always been here.  Funny how that works.

We started off the morning waking up Cailyn singing happy birthday.  She was so cute and dancing around in her crib! 

We didn’t have too exciting of a day, but we did get to enjoy a good amount of time outside.  It is gorgeous here for January!!

Cailyn’s official 12 month picture…

Cailyn 12 Months

Here is a flashback from one year ago…

DSC_0723

I had to find a picture of her with a bow on her head!! Wesley is so funny, he knows how much I love her wearing a bow and if he sees her pull off her bow he runs and picks it up and says “MOMMY, she pulled out her bow, all girls need bows in their hair!”  What can I say, I am training them all!!  I messed up with Lawson and bows so I am trying to get it straight with the 3rd one!

Back to Cailyn.  The little girl who stole my heart!! She is such an amazing little girl.  All though she is laid back she is head strong.  She does things at her own pace and her own timing.  She loves playing with her siblings!  She melts your heart with her eyes and her amazing smile.Cailyn Excited it was her birthday

A little bit about Cailyn at 12 months…

-I am happy to report she is a full crawler now.  Nothing stops this little girl.  She is even doing it the right way!

-She has 5 teeth

-She loves to dance, clap, point, blow kisses, play with my iPad, and she has learned cars roll on the ground back and forth and Barbies stand on their feet and you bounce them around when you talk for them (Thanks so her older siblings)

-I have heard it a couple times her say “hey, Bob” and “Hey, dadda”

-She still takes 2 naps a day and is sleeping through the night (hallelujah!)

-She is LONG, she is about ready to break into size 18month clothes

-She is so curious and watches EVERYTHING.  Much like her sister. 

-We are still nursing but I see the end in sight.  I am happy to report her whole first year she got 2oz of formula.  For me that is a major accomplishment. We have skipped bottles all together and she knows how to use a sippy cup!

-She is the best eater in the world (actually McKenna might have her beat) Yesterday for dinner she had her favorite meal. Tofu cooked in coconut oil, broccoli, whole wheat pasta, mangos, and cheese.  Yummy!

Now for the birthday celebration.  We had to wait for Collins to get home so it was WAY past her bedtime.  She didn’t understand why I was putting her back in her high chair with her PJs on…Poor girl.

Cailyn Its my party and I can cry if I want too

See she does cry (sometimes)

Good news is, once she got the cake in front of her she was a happy camper!! A collage of the rest of the evening events!! I made her a carrot cake.  Her first sweet and she loved mostly playing with it!!!

Cailyn's Birthday Collage

Happy Birthday to my darling Cailyn or KK.  We love you so much and look forward to watching you grow!!!

We thank God everyday for blessing us with Cailyn (and our other kids too but this is her special post)!!

No comments: