Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

What a fun Halloween Day!! I love it that the kids are getting a little older and can really get into all of the festivities!!  We started out Sunday after naps carving out the family pumpkin. 



The kids clean out the guts and Daddy does the carving.  Lawson and Wesley picked out a ghost this year because of Wesley's costume. 

That evening it was time to light it up. 

Miss Lawson was Minnie Mouse.  Her cousin, McKenna, was also Minnie Mouse.  TOO CUTE!!
                                                    

 Wesley the Friendly Ghost.  He finally made his appearance on Halloween.  I couldn't get him to wear it at our friends' Halloween Party but with a little bribery he wore it!!

My two little angels looking so cute on Halloween!! (Don't get to close to each other kids)

Then we went to a local church for their Fall Festivities.  This is our 3rd year attending and each year it seems to get better and better. 

Wesley saw his preschool teacher, Ms Saundra, he was thrilled to see her! (Really)

Then on the way home we decided to experience real Trick-or-Treating.  It was hilarious.  When we went to our first house Lawson was saying "Do we know these people? We are going to a strangers house?  Is that okay?  Are they nice?"  Despite all the questions the drive for candy outweighed the shyness (go figure). 

After the first trip up a driveway we were RUNNING from one house to another. 

Lawson then on a roll...she would compliment every homeowner in one way or another.  "I love how you have decorated your home. I love your banisters painted black.  I love how your house smells.  Your dog is so cute and Fluffy.  We have seen a dog at almost every house, what is your dogs name?"  You get the idea she is very observant.  We went to about 7 houses.  (IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!)

Then when we got home we got to pick out one piece of candy and check out their stash!! (Mom- I thought of you and stole their Snicker Bars, haha)

Lawson's candy!

It was a great Halloween and get this...I got a picture with the kids.  Technically all 3 of them. 
Hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

The kids look GREAT! I'm happy that Wes put on his costume. I'm sure the incentive of candy helped. L-Dubs also cracks me up with all the compliments she gave.

Glad it was a great Halloween. I don't know about you, but this really gets me pumped for the holidays. It was like a kick-off! I love it.

Heather said...

So great to finally see Wesley's cute costume! The kiddos were adorable! :-)

Anonymous said...

These pics so festive and FUN! Both kids are precious in their costumes!
Grammy Gram