Wesley is so excited to be five. When we asked him if he felt different Wesley said "yes, I feel bigger."
His birthday morning we started with apple cinnamon muffins, with 5 candles.
Then for lunch I brought him and his friends Krispy Kreme donuts at preschool. I got to see Wesley as the line leader. Very important job!,
His friends singing to him.
Cailyn dancing to the music.
Enjoying the donuts!!
Then that evening we opened up gifts. His favorite gifts was all the $5 bills. He informed us he is buying a $10 TV. hmmmm...okay.
The weekend before his birthday we took Wesley to pick out his brand new big boy bike.
Then we went to Firehouse Subs for lunch!
Wesley is having a wonderful birthday week. This weekend he will celebrate with a few of his friends at the bowling ally. Fun,fun
Besides it being Wesley's birthday week it is also the first week of kindergarten registration. I took Wesley on Friday to the school to register. I am going to put it on the record that registering the second child is much harder then the 1st. It makes it a little easier because he is so excited.
Here is my big boy all registered for kindergarten!! Looking at this picture I realize he is nota toddler anymore.
This was a big and exciting week for Wesley! I am so proud of my Wesley! He is truly the sweetest child. I will end this post with 5 things about Wesley at age 5
1. Wesley is fiercely competitive (almost to a fault). This drive to win will hopefully be something we can use to help him in school and sports.
2. Wesley is very in tune with God. Examples: if Someone is hurt or sick he will go to another room and pray. He will tell me "mommy I know you love me but God loves me more and that is a good" We are really going to miss the Christian school environment next year.
3. Wesley wears a size 5 clothes and 12W shoes! Not sure how much he weighs but I would guess 44lbs.
4. Wesley loves Legos, star wars on the Wii, riding his new bike (with a helmet), and playing games!
5. As picky as Wesley is eating he does have a wonderful appreciation for seafood. He just discovered he likes oysters. Steamed oysters to be exact!!!
And one to grow on....Wesley is the most loving tender hearted child and I am so blessed that God chose Collins and I to be his parents!!!