Thursday, December 6, 2007

Preparing for Christmas


Lawson watching the Parade!!

Which tree shall we choose???

Decorating the tree!! Santa Clause is coming to town!!

Whew! We had a busy weekend getting prepared for Christmas. We went to the Garner Christmas Parade and got in the Christmas spirit. Then we picked out our Christmas tree from the Pop 'n Son Tree Farm. Then decorated the house! We had such a good time. Lawson gets the concept of Santa Clause this year so the Magic of Christmas is alive in our home. It is so much fun!! It reminds me so much of all of my wonderful Christmas's as a child.

We decided to let Lawson help us hang up ornaments and I really didn't stop her from handling any of the ornaments. To our surprise -no ornaments were broken!! There were a couple of times she would get so excited to hang up an ornament I was sure she was going to do a face plant in the tree but everything survived! She would say "oh this one is special" or "mommy this one is from your year" To see the glow and the excitement in her eye almost made me cry. I am not sure if it is all of the hormones or the fact I am so excited for her! This time truly feels so magical.


Baby update: I am now 35 weeks along and doing good. I am right on schedule so we are praying Baby Fitts waits until after Christmas to make his entrance. It is a little harder to get around, I have gained 31lbs to date but the doctors are fine with it. I gained 41 with Lawson so I feel like I am doing good so far. Lawson is still very excited about Baby Brother!! She knows his name but refuses to say it. She will say his name is Tiny Baby Brother! I hope that doesn't stick. For some odd reason when he is 6'5" and she is 6' I don't think that will be acceptable!

No comments: