Monday, April 25, 2011

Trip Down South

Guess who I went to visit last week???

DSC_1791

Lauren and McKenna are currently in SC with her MIL while Will is in training in GA.  So we decided to pay them a visit during the kids’ Spring Break.  Of course, hubby does not get a spring break so that meant “Momma was flying solo.”  The drive is normally about 3 hours and it was about an hour into the trip when Cailyn started wailing that I thought “I might of bitten off more then I can chew, hello, she is only 2.5 months old.”  But we made it down there and I couldn’t of been happier to be there.  I decided a trips length can be lengthen 30 minutes per child and if you decide to eat cabbage the night before add an hour for the one being nursed…ugh!! Lesson learned. 

When we got there we were outside and enjoying the beautiful scenery.  All Wesley wanted to do was go to the lake and see the fish!!

DSC_1800

Then Paula let the kids ride and drive Big Red.  Paula was so sweet and took them on many rides and had them digging for rocks as treasure.

DSC_1779

The lake is still too cold for swimming so we got out the bucket for water fun.  The kids had a blast!! It doesn’t take much!!

DSC_1811

Gotcha!

DSC_1818

These pictures crack me up!!

DSC_1819

Then after nap McKenna came out to enjoy the fun.  She thought the kids were crazy!

DSC_1826

Paula reminded us that she had a princess castle swimming pool so we got out that castle!! Lawson just LOVED IT!

DSC_1830

Wesley enjoyed jumping in!! He has no fear!

DSC_1842

DSC_1861

Look at the two girls!!

DSC_1849

Wesley found a Lizard that was talking to him.  So cool!!

DSC_1855

The next day we went to a local town called Camden and went out to lunch.  This is how Wesley went out…too cute to say no!

DSC_1873DSC_1874

Here we all are 4 kids and 2 adults…  Lauren has the right idea. 

DSC_1876

Here is the other side of the table with me…

DSC_1878

Lauren and McKenna and me after nursing Cailyn.  I did A LOT of nursing in the car…I am an old pro now!!

DSC_1883DSC_1884

While I was traveling in SC,  Lawson was chilling in Paula’s car watching a movie and McKenna tried her best to get her attention! Wesley in my car enjoying the ride…without a tv.DSC_1887DSC_1885

Here are two of my favorite girls!!!

DSC_1894

Aunt Lauren with Cailyn on the dock.

DSC_1914

Paula and Wesley having a serious conversation!!

DSC_1920

Wesley’s favorite time was being near the water.  We were there EARLY almost every morning.

DSC_1925

Wes with Ben and the neighbor’s dogs.

DSC_1933

Here I am with Cailyn….she enjoyed being near the water too.  Can you tell?

DSC_1938

Look at Miss Sunshine!! Enjoying some sand!!

DSC_1948

After 3.5 days it was time to come home and get ready for Easter.  The trip ride home was much easier despite the rain and has not discouraged me from traveling again with the children.  It was a great trip and honestly I gave myself a huge pat on the back once we arrived home.  Wow, I really can do anything I put my mind too.  Of course it helps to have help at the end of the line so you are not doing everything by yourself (thanks Lauren.)

We had such a wonderful time with my sister, Paula, and McKenna.  It is always such a relaxing time at the lake.  Thank you again Paula for opening your home to the 4 of us!! Lauren as always you are the best!! I love you ladies!! Hope to see you all soon!!

No comments: