Thursday, October 27, 2011

Track out trip to VA

I am really liking this whole track out thing.  We can take trips in the middle of the school year and make it a long weekend.  NICE!! The kids and I went to VA to visit my family  to see Lauren & Will’s new home (stunning) and just relax (really there is no such thing with 3 kids but you get the point.)

We were planning on leaving on Thursday but Wesley got sick, a quick trip to the doctors only to find out Wesley had croup and I thought our trip was a no go.  The doctor told me he was not contagious so if he had a good night we could go.  Well, he had a great night so we were off.  3 kids, 6 hours, we made it there! 

Saturday, we decided to go Apple Picking, Nana and Dah met us up Lauren’s.  Cailyn and Dah playing on the floor.DSC_2141

Nana with grand girls!DSC_2166

The big kids.  I didn’t notice it at first but looking back at pictures I can tell Wesley wasn’t really well, but he was having a great time.DSC_2159

Nana now with all the grandkids!DSC_2169

After we went apple picking we went to a winery for a picnic and wine.  Picnic and wine, people really do that, and we did it with 4 kids!! DSC_2174

The kids had so much fun!!DSC_2187

Then we got back to Lauren’s and Wesley started feeling sick again.  My buddy was a fever and took a NAP! Crazy.  I actually missed my wild little boy!!

Luckily, the next day Wesley was feeling MUCH better. Amazing 24hrs can do.

DSC_2225

DSC_2210

Sunday, we had dinner at Mom and Dads. Ryan, Will, Lauren and McKenna came over.  We had yummy steaks and sweet potatoes (Lawson’s request.)

Uncle Ryan got lots of snuggle time with Cailyn.  She loves her uncle!

DSC_2223DSC_2228

Then when it turned dark, the real party began.  SPARKLERS!!DSC_2252DSC_2256

As luck would have it I got sick too.  So we had to stay an extra day.  We had such a great time and I just love spending time up in VA!!  Love you all!!! We will see you again at Thanksgiving!!

No comments: