Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Breaker! Breaker!

I thought it might be high time this blog had a "Daddy's point of view." What I will probably accomplish is what I hope not to and that is to mess up what a great job Maridith is doing here in cyberspace. For my first official post, I would like to point out what a great wife and mother Maridith really is. She puts up with me, right? She is truly the engine that runs this whole machine. I regress, so back to the real reason you guys read this thing, our children. Lawson is growing like a weed right before my eyes. I leave her for one night, and it seems she grew a foot while I was gone. I fully expect her to ask me to borrow the car keys any day now. It make me appreciate a little more how you grandparents must see her between visits. Wes is not too far behind her, either. He kicks his feet so hard in the bouncy seat that it makes me wonder if he's not taking Kung Foo lessons. I'm not 100% convinced that Maridith is not supplementing him with 1850 weight gainer from GNC. We are truly blessed with two wonderfully exhausting children. I say that cautiously, because Maridith is the one still waking up in the middle of the night and not me. (If you want to ask her about it she will let you know.) I can attest to rolling my eyes a bit at the single and child-less fellow employees at work. Little do they know that the real job begins when you get home. That is all for now. I hope I have accomplsihed more than running this train off its tracks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Collins,

What a sweet post! You are truly blessed with a wonderful family! I can't wait to see you in about a week!

L

Anonymous said...

Collins,

You are such a sweetie! It is nice to read your point of view! You and Maridith are the most precious family I know! ( Good idea to give Maridith the credit she deserves!) Watch out, because soon Lawson will be running the show and you will wonder what happened!!!! :) Grammy

Donna Wright said...

Collins- you're a gem and such a great daddy! Kudos for giving Maridith props! I have no idea what I would do without Baker! Maybe Maridith should market her weight-gainer..I mean milk. Eaten any rutabagas or comquates lately? Miss you guys!!!