Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What Not to Wear

So yesterday I walked into Lawson’s class and Lawson popped up and starting running to me like she always does. But within a second she stopped dead in her tracks and said very loudly “take off those pants, I do not like them.” My fashion diva let it be known to all of her friends and teachers my pants were ugly. I was slightly embarrassed but mostly shocked. I laughed it off and the daycare teacher said “oh it will only get worst- I comment on my mom’s clothes all of the time.” I thought to myself - I’m I really in the same category as this 20 year olds’ mom??? I do not claim to be the most fashionable sole on the universe but I do try to look okay- I looked in the mirror before I left and thought I looked okay. But maybe I didn’t look hard enough….

Then my husband (Mr Funnyman Himself) said to me after I told him what happened at daycare “Lawson has a point- what are those jeans or pants? I guess they are jants” Then as we were going to bed he started saying they look like MC Hammer pants – can’t touch this and pretty much laughed him self to sleep. I laughed too and maybe Lawson and Collins had a point!!!

A little history on the pants…. See the pants I was wearing were my mother’s old pants!! She gave me some of her old pants to help me while I was losing my baby weight. My mom knows what a penny pincher I am and that I won’t go out and buy myself transition clothes so she gave me some of her old stuff. That should have been my first clue they shouldn’t have been worn out in public or maybe not at all. Don’t get me wrong my mom is a very well dressed woman. She keeps Talbots in business and always looks so sharp but she is also a little older then I and I do not need to be dressing in middle age, unwanted women’s clothes quite yet!!!

So moral of the story…if my mom won’t wear these clothes anymore then it is a pretty good idea I shouldn’t be either.

Thanks mom for helping me out but I think the “jants” have to go- orders from Lawson!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, we want to see a picture of the pants now!

-L

Avery & Hailey said...

HILARIOUS!

Unknown said...

I laughed sooo hard I almost cried, and I too would like to see a picture of these lovely pants :)

Anonymous said...

I agree....I want to see the pants Lawson was adament about!
Your blog is so awesome! It is my read for the day!
GF

Donna Wright said...

That is hilarious! There is no telling what Lawson would say about my clothes! Maybe I should take her shopping with me! This baby weight thing sucks!! Wes is such a ham!!! Li love it! Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

OK now I am curious as to which pair of pants Mom gave you. You will have to post a pic. Who knows, I may have a story about them too!

Love

Dad