Friday, April 18, 2008

Newest Addition to the family


As if our house wasn't full enough 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 90lb dog, 15 fish we have added 2 ducks!! Oh what a lucky girl I am!! If you had asked me 10 years ago if I would hang ducks in my house I would tell you no chance in h*&$. So it made me think of other people in my life who have "stuffed animals" in there home. My grandfather (my dad's father) had a deer head in his den, 2 bass fish and antlers. They didn't seem to bother me but that wasn't my house. My grandmother is a wonderful women with 1000x more patience them me, which reminds me that soon after my grandfather passed the deer came down. Makes me wonder how much she really liked that deer!!! Now the deer head and fish reside in my father's basement but they are tucked away in the farthest corner of the basement.


I always knew there was a possibility that Collins would want "animals" on our walls but I made it clear early in our marriage I do not like stuffed animals. They are creepy. Now 7 years later 2 (soon 3) are hanging in my family room. Maybe my grandmother's patience is rubbing off on me! The ducks aren't that bad and don't seem to bother me. So welcome wood ducks to our wall. Sorry for your tragic end but you look good as decoration!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

haha! That post made me laugh. For the record, I would be better able to accept the ducks then deer heads. Are they ducks that Collins got?

Maridith said...

Yes, these are ducks Collins got a couple of years ago. They have been at the taxodermy place for a long time. For the record I draw the line with ducks. NO DEER HEADS!!

Anonymous said...

So, I have a deer head on my wall! It was actually the first piece of "art" that was hung (per Will). It is actually pretty good for hanging bras and such on! Haha. JK.

- Lauren

Anonymous said...

I think the ducks look great in your family room....especially for being in the deep freeze for how months or years??? Make Collins dust them! I was dusting his first duck he ever shot and the head came off! Grammy

Avery & Hailey said...

This made me laugh. HA! ACtually, they are very nice! I'm with you though...I never thougth I'd have wildlife hanging in the house...so far I'm ok...but I know that saying never is not a good idea.