Thursday, April 24, 2008

Just call me 'Grace'

I wasn’t sure if I was going to write about this because it is slightly embarrassing but I then I thought about it and since I can make fun of myself pretty easily I decided why not.

On Tuesday after a long boring day at the office I arrived at daycare. As soon as I drove into the parking lot the bottom fell out of the sky. Through the daycare window I could see (or so I thought) them holding Wes and preparing a bottle for him. By this time of the day I am ready to feed him. So I decided to go on ahead and trench through the rain to get to my baby. Mistake # 1!!

As I was running towards the door I tripped over the curb and skidding towards the front door. All 6 feet of me was now on the ground. As I was on the ground Lawson’s teacher (the 20 year old who compared me to her mom) ran outside to see if I was okay. Humiliated I popped up and brushed myself off trying to play it off. Trust me…when you fall that hard you CAN’T PLAY IT OFF!! So I told her I was okay and thanked her for her help and rushed into Wes’s room. When I got in there Wes was asleep so not only was my knee, hip and body killing me- my chest was killing me now.

I proceeded on to tell Wes’s teachers and Lawson’s teachers first since I knew my fall would be the hot topic amongst all of the ladies the next day. Sure enough it was. I didn’t get two steps into the front door on Wednesday and the front desk lady said something. I am the first to laugh at someone else when they fall and appear to be okay-Ask my mother-in-law! So I can laugh at myself just as easily- I just wish it didn’t hurt so bad!!!

The damage report: Very bruised & scrapped-up knee, hole in my black pants, huge bruise on my hip and slightly damaged pride!!

3 comments:

Avery & Hailey said...

Ok, I too laugh at ANYONE that falls...it's some sort of character flaw I have. Ask Margaret Ann. I am sooooo sorry! I hope your bruises (body and ego) heal soon! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't require stitches! I do hope you are alright. Too bad it wasn't the pants Lawson doesn't like!!!
Yes, it seems I do remember my face going FLAT as I ran into the sliding glass door and Maridith rolling over with laughter as she experienced this from the other side of the glass door!!! You guessed it....The Mother-in-Law!

Donna Wright said...

I am so glad it was worse! I fell like that at work before....in front of my kids!!