Thursday, May 1, 2008

Where did you get that accent?

As Lawson is getting older and her speech is becoming clearer we have started to pick up on Lawson's accent. Her grandparents love her say "heeeey" when she answers the phone. Or when she say "Whhhhaaay?" (why?) when she doesn't like the answer she has received. Collins asked her earlier this week "Lawson where did you get that accent?" Lawson replied "What acc-i-dent? I got it from the pirates." Okay... so she doesn't know what accent mean yet. But let me tell you she has a southern drawl like no other!!!
Then Lawson's daycare teacher told me this morning "I was listening to Lawson ramble on yesterday and she has the strongest southern drawl and I don't think you guys have one. Then I realized I have taken care of Lawson since she was an infant and she is probably picking it up from me." So I think the mystery has been solved Lawson's southern accent is coming from Ms Stephanie who was born and raised in Clayton, NC. Lawson LOVES Ms Stephanie!! She runs and gives her a big hug every morning. So if Lawson has a strong southern accent because she is picking it up from her beloved daycare teacher, that is okay. I can think of worse things to pick up!!

No comments: