Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Luray Caverns and Vacation Lessons

Tueday we ventured up to Luray, VA and went to Luray Caverns. Now most days I plan everything to a tee, where we go, what we do, and what we are going to eat....Well, on vacation I was off my game. We didn't leave the condo until 10:00AM, it took about an hour to get there and we had NOT had lunch. Can you guess how this is going to go?

Let the story begin...

While we were in the parking lot I accidentally plowed down Lawson with my backpack. Opening up an existing wound and leaving her dripping blood on her knee. Let's see no band aids or ointment in the car (took it into the condo), which left me with napkins and packing tape...PERFECT band aid.

Lets go and we WILL have fun kids...

Now this place is amazing and we were all in awe by its beauty!!


Lawson was really enjoying the view


The words 'Wesley' and 'quiet' will never go in the same sentence unless he is asleep...So when an old cranky women told Wesley to "hush" I was not shocked, but I should of taken it as a sign of what was too come. She pretty much doomed us.


See still pretty...


Wesley has now kicked off one shoe, and getting very impatient. I tried feeding him snacks but that was not enough. He was OVER the whole inside a mountian scene.

Also,See Lawson's blood stain knee..



Lawson loved listening and learning about what she was looking at...


Then once we got to the lowest point in the cave...As they say "All hell broke loose!"

And pictures are worth a 1000 words




Let's try one more time....At least Lawson and I look cute

Then Wesley and I took the 'speed tour' the rest of the way. He pretty much yelled the whole way out... NICE!!


Collins and Lawson got to enjoy the rest of Luray Caverns. AMAZING!

Still cool...



Lawson was such a trooper and dispite her rough start really did enjoy herself.
With Wesley, as soon as we got outside he was happy as a clam. I don't think he liked being below a mountain! That is my perspective and I am sticking too it... Okay maybe the real lesson is...
Feed you kids and get your act together, even on vacation!
We did go to a small resturant in downtown Luray and a couple came and sat next to us and the man said "see he was just hungry." Our reputation follows us...LOVELY!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

It seems to me that no matter how much planning (or not) we mommies put into an outing, sometimes those early terrible 2s rear their ugly head. I think your day could easily be exchanged with one of mine! And major kudos to you for not saying anything to the old lady....I think that people forget how kids *really* can be as they have more distance from their own time with children.

The Thompsons said...

I had a lady on the plane complain when I sat behind her with Dagvis years back (he was still nursing!) and she made the nastiest comment...I let Davis cry right behind on purpose...I am evil like that.

Unknown said...

Oh Maridith you are such a wonderful mother and I love reading about your family adventures! Wes and Lawson are great kids!

Lauren said...

This is what makes vacation memories. The pictures are great!