Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Girl's Weekend in Florida

Hello, I am back from the Sunshine State.  I spent 4 wonderful days in FL with 5 of my best friends from college.  This trip we have been planning for 8+ months but have not been able to get together for 2+ years because of pregnancies, babies or just life obligations.  After being together for 4 days I do not think we will allow more then 1 year passing for us all to get together.  Spending time with good friends is good for the soul! I think we can all agree on that. 

We met up in Orlando, FL and boy was I happy to see palm trees and sun!!  Melinda lives in a beautiful home outside of Orlando and she and her husband were gracious enough to let 5 of us crash there.  Let me tell you she has a grapefruit tree and orange tree in her backyard. We had fresh juice every morning. What a luxury. She also has a pool but it was a tad too cold for that! 

 This is just a palm tree.  I forgot to take pictures of their backyard.

Charity, Charlotte, Heather, Melinda, Donna and Me.  It feels like no time has passed when we all get together!

Although a few things have changed....Melinda and Donna are expecting in 6 weeks!!

We did make it to a German Resturant for Beer and Festivities.  This place was SO MUCH FUN!!

It was Melinda's husbands birthday.  He was our team captian....

In splitting a German Boot.  You have pass it around the table and not set it down until it is all done. Me in my non-mommy role....

Oh my kids will be so proud!!
Oh well, at least they will know I have a life outside of being a mom.  I had such a great time.  I love these ladies like they are my sisters.  I am so blessed to have them in my lives.  Same time next year I will see you all again!!

I have to add that my wonderful husband did an outstanding job holding down the fort.  The house was clean, the laundry done, and the pantry stocked!!  Collins is such a great husband and father and I am so blessed!!   He did learn one thing that being a SAHM is NOT EASY!!! 

3 comments:

Lauren said...

DAS BOOT!!! So much fun. I'm glad that y'all got to get away. Best of luck to Donna and Melinda with the upcoming additions to their families.
There's no doubt that Collins did a great job with the kids.

Charity, way to represent Raleigh!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the girls and you having such fun. I am so impressed with your non-mommy role. Your gift to your friends was equally impressive. I love you and cannot ever tell you enough how proud I am of you for all that you are and all that you have become. I love you. Mom

Unknown said...

Looks like you girls had a wonderful time. Glad you were able to enjoy some non-mommy fun. Love the gifts you made!