Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Collins parent's volunteered to babysit this weekend and Collins and I took them up on the deal. We switched houses for the night!! So Saturday morning Grammy and Pops left with the kids in their car (much cooler then ours because it has a DVD player) to go to the mall. Once the kids left I will admit I shed a tear or two (being at the house with no kids is just weird) but I quickly got focused on our trip so I got excited again.

While Collins and I were enjoying a nice quiet drive things were not so calm in Raleigh. At the mall Lawson told her Pops that her stomach hurt. She ate her Chick-fil-a and then it happened. At the food court Lawson threw-up everywhere!! Then she did it again at the table. Then AGAIN on her way out the door all over Uncle Taylor!! (Talk about luck, I haven't even been thrown-up on & I am the mom). Everyone was wonderful and Uncle Taylor was a champ & didn't flinch. Once everything was "out" she perked right up and was fine. She was a little weak the rest of the day but showed no signs of being sick again!

A little history: Lawson has not thrown up since she was 20months old (almost 2 years) so she has no memory of what throwing up is. She was scared to say the least.

When Grammy called to tell me what happened she got so upset and in the background she was saying "no Grammy, that is private don't tell mommy" It broke my heart that she got sick and I wasn't there but Grammy and Pops did everything I would have done and there was nothing more I could of done. She was in perfect hands!!

Wesley was an angel. You know all that crying and fussing you hear on the phone from Wesley??? He didn't cry or fuss for them once. WTH??? So I get all the fussing. Great!!

Back to peace and quiet...Collins and I enjoyed an afternoon watching CABLE. Cheesy as it sounds when you don't have cable it is a treat!!! So we watched TV like two vegetables and then went out to a candle lite dinner! We slept in late for us and then had a nice breakfast out. It was a quick trip but it was fun!!

It was such a wonderful weekend and now I think we are ready to venture on 2 day break...Any volunteers to watch the kids this weekend? Uncle Taylor???? (Love you Taylor and thank you for being such a great uncle)

A special THANK YOU to Grammy and Pops for EVERYTHING!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was our pleasure!!! We are resting well back at home! Ha! Ha! We love you all so very much!

Grammy

Jennifer said...

sounds like you had fun!

Lauren said...

What fun! Yeah when Will and I on our vineyard trip we skipped the bar on Friday night. We were in bed in our PJs watching CABLE too! Oh HGTV, Food Network, and TLC I miss you sometimes. Glad everyone had fun weekend. Poor Taylor! Lawson told me she felt much better once she did "it" 3 times!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you- my cousin (also a Mommy) told me that the perfect/ideal weekend is having the kids entertained, clean house, and a good book. It's the small stuff that makes it wonderful! So I think it's great that you guys got to enjoy time alone and cable. :)