Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a week!

Today is only Thursday and it seems like this week has been INCREDIBLY LONG!! I don't even know where to begin.

I guess the main reason this week has been so long is because I have had some big decisions to make. I got a full-time job offer from my company and was trying to decided if was my time to go back or not. After lots of conversation, debate, lists, and praying I decided it was not my time to go back to the workforce full-time. Right now I do work 5-10hrs a week and that is enough! I have no regrets in my decision although it weight of the decision wore me out!!

Second, I have not had exactly the best luck with "things" this week. Last Friday I lost a diamond (small side diamond) in my engagement ring. Apparently loosing diamonds runs in my family because my sister just lost one of her diamond earrings. I don't wear my engagement ring much these days because of cleaning, heavy lifting and just being rough with my hands, but I do wear it when I go out and I love my ring!! I think this has been weighing heavy on me because I know I can't wear it and it will probably be a LONG time before I can replace it.
See the missing diamond...don't look at the dirt!

The other "thing" I lost this week is all my pictures on my camera disk. It really was no ones fault it was just an accident because a little girl insisted on "checking her email" and pushed random buttons on the computer....So all my January Snow pictures are POOF- GONE! The good news is I have a blog I can look at- I just won't be able to get copies made.

What can I say other then "Fitts Happens" If that is the worst thing to happen to me I am pretty darn lucky and I am not going to sweat the small stuff...After this week!

Then I have also have been excited about the events this coming weekend. My dad is coming in tonight. He is staying here one night before he takes part of Delta Bravo 7?? A Golf Retreat in Myrtle Beach with lots of fellow golfers. How he gets away with missing Valentine's Day each year I will never know???

Then Collins' parents are coming up to watch the kids this weekend while we go to their beach house for a night!! Let me tell you - I AM EXCITED!! I haven't been away from Lawson for almost 2 years and never from Wes. I am excited to spend some good quality time with Collins. I am also excited because I know how distance makes the heart grow fonder! I need a little break from the kids and I think they need one from me too!!

Well that is it from here!!! Next post won't be as long I promise!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Maridith, you have had a rough week! Its almost over and you are going to have a fabulous weekend. Enjoy the beach and I hope you have nice weather.

Lauren said...

What a week!!! I love you so much and support you 100% in your decisions! You are a wonderful mom, wife,and sister. I hope you and Collins are able to have a relaxing time at the beach.
Oh, and if you click on your pictures from the block (so they are full screen) right click and "save image as." That is the way I sometimes print of pictures of the kiddos.
P.S Let's not make it a trend of loosing diamonds!!!!!!!!! Ugh!

Unknown said...

Maridith, what a time you have had!!! You do need a break! You and Collins enjoy yourselves this weekend and don't rush back!!!!
Lauren, thanks for the tip of getting the prints for the children....now I can print some!!!!!
Love you Maridith! You are my favorite daughter-in-law!!!
Gale :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice memory this will be to have in such precise detail in 20 years. Have a beautiful weekend. Mom

Maridith said...

Wow Gale, the competition is so deep too!!! haha!! Thank you for keeping the kids while we unwind!! I REALLY appreciate it!

Jennifer said...

Maridith...sorry about your week. Next week will be so much better. Enjoy your time with Collins and have a blast! Next week if it is warmer and the kids are not sick :(, we will go to the park. Happy V-day!

Elizabeth said...

Bummer about your ring! I hope you and Collins have a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

What a nice memory this will be to have in such precise detail in 20 years. Have a beautiful weekend. Love, Mom