Monday, June 15, 2009

Trip to see Mamma II

We are back from our trip to SC!! It was a wonderful trip!! I have to give all the credit to my kids. Wesley and Lawson were ANGELS in the car. I was a little nervous since our last trip to VA was awful with Wesley's screaming!! This trip since Wesley has words he can tell you "book" or "truck" or "cook-cook" or "wa-wa" Hallelujah & Praise the Lord!! I took this picture of Wes in the car with my cell phone (safe, I know). But this just shows how happy and content he was and I had to document it!! It helps that he loves to read because we do not have a DVD in the car (I am not a fan of them) so this is our entertainment!!

Lawson's funny comment on our way down to SC was "Mommy how are we going to get there if we keep on going straight?" 95S is very straight, I have to agree and there are not many turns to get from our house to her house!!


Here is Mamma II beautiful home.


I showed Mamma II this picture and she said "what garden is this?" It is her front yard!


The kids found 30+ year old Tonka Toys there were my Uncle Bob


It didn't take long to get everyone working!!


Lawson started shucking corn!! Go MC!


Lawson loved helping Mamma II in the kitchen


Working hard in the yard we get rewarded with Popsicles. I had to laugh out loud and think of my brothers' stories of the half RC for weeding the garden (inside joke).


Wesley enjoyed his Popsicle!!
Thursday night we had a 'party' and Aunt Belinda painted Lawson's nails and then Lawson painted her nails!!


Lawson and Wesley with Aunt Belinda!

This is Aunt Joann. She is a family friend of 40+ years. She just loved Wesley! Unfortunately when she got home she fell out of the car and thinks she fractured a rib!!

Waiting for corn...we visited Mr Bull!!
Then we visited Daddy Bob's grave site. My first time visiting too.


I was pregnant with Lawson at Daddy Bob's Funeral. Look at her now!





Wesley and Mamma II (Love this picture)


Then we had some serious fun at Waterfront Park in Charleston


So Pretty


The kids had a blast!!


Wesley loves the water!!
Yes I had a change of clothes for them in the car!

Mamma II and her great grandchildren!

We had a wonderful time!! Thank you Mamma II for everything!! Mamma II is an amazing woman and has lots of energy and there is lots to learn from her. So glad we got to visit!!!

5 comments:

CharGrill said...

Looks like you had a good time down in SC with Mamma II. I think it's great that they get to learn so much from your family - that is truly priceless.

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! Mamma II is a cool lady.

Love you guys,
Pops

Elizabeth said...

So good to hear Wes did well in the car and that you had fun with Mamma II (although, I know that part was a given).

Avery & Hailey said...

Great pics!!! And wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

Seems like everyone had a blast. I remember going and playing at the waterfront as a kid too. Now, only if Lawson knew about the Beauty Queen crowns!!

L