Tuesday, July 21, 2009

National Aquarium

Tuesday was my dad's turn to take me and the kids out for the morning. It was another beautiful day and we were are very excited for our 2 part adventure. The first part was going on the Metro. We drove to dad's office and took the Roseland Metro to DC. This particular metro contains one of the longest escalator shafts of the line. It was our luck that the escalator going down to the metro did not work. LOVELY!!
We ventured to walk down roughly 1000 (slight exaggeration) of steps. I put on my big girl face and tried not to act scared but let me tell you, those grated lines on the escalator were beginning to wave a little and my knees were knocking! Plus the entire time we were making our way down on the loud speaker they were saying "WARNING, WARNING" I am thinking "Yep, this is exactly what I want to hear since it was this Metro system that crashed not even a month ago" Lawson started freaking out and asked Dah to carry her the rest of the way down. Luckily, we made it and within minutes our journey down the esculator was forgotten.

Here is Lawson and Dah on the Metro!!

Wesley on the metro, just soaking it all in


On to the Aquarium...I don't know about you but when I think of 'National' anything I think BIG, GRAND, even SPECTACULAR...well, the National Aquarium is anything but that. Don't get me wrong it was nice, but it is a tad disappointing. I think it was the fact when you get to the Aquarium and you have to go through security, to a gated elevator, to the basement and low and behold is the National Aquarium. At least we can say we have been there and done that!

One cool section they had was about Guam...we use to live there!

Stay still little girl!

There is the smile I love!!


Dah and his grand kids


Mommy and the kids...can't I get ONE SMILE??? Do I always have to bribe you guys?

If you ask Lawson what her favorite part of the day was, she would say riding on the Metro!! As for me- I could of passed on that part. I couldn't move my thighs for a day because they were so sore. Note to self- work out you are showing your age!!

Thanks dad for the fun morning!! We love you!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I lived up there for a bit during grad school, and I hear you about the aquarium- blah. However, if you're up to a 45ish min ride into downtown Baltimore, their aquarium is spectacular! Enjoy being up there!!!

Lauren said...

I wish I could've made it to the aquarium with y'all. Yeah, those metro steps can be quite scary. I have taken a spill down them before. Ouch!