Thursday, July 23, 2009

Meredith College Visit and Lawson Talk

Lawson has been extra funny the last few days. I need to walk around with a tape recorder because the girl really does crack me up!!

On Tuesday I told Lawson are plans for Wednesday. Our conversation:

M: Lawson, tomorrow we are going to see Siena and Britain.

L: Yeah!! Where are we going?

M: We are going to see them at Meredith College.

L: (giving me a puzzled look) Mom, I thought you told me I had to go to kindergarten before I went to college

M: Laughing so hard I couldn’t say anything else...but I was thinking and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect...

L: I crack you up, don’t I!!

M: Yes, you do. Yes, you do!!

We get to MC College and the girls are beside themselves to see each other. Siena informs us the MC is her college and she is going to MC. Rock on sister!! Lawson is impartial right now, but give her time.

The girls immediately hold hands and walk to our destination at the pond.
As luck would have it I had to buy bread on the way to MC for our sandwiches. Rather then taking just the bread I needed for sandwiches I took the whole loaf to the pond (not thinking). Guess who needs to buy more bread? The MC geese & turtles ate good yesterday.


We brought our soccer balls to play with too...


This really didn't last that long!

As we are leaving the amphitheater to eat lunch Charity had a bad turn of events and dropped her video recorder. At that point the life of the video recorder looked bleak and Charity was very upset. Lawson sees that Ms Charity is very upset and says to her “Don’t worry; they have those on sale at Target.” Lawson really did lighten the mood!!

Then getting back in the car Lawson found a nickel and told me to give the nickel to Ms Charity to help buy a new video recorder. So stinking cute!! I am happy to report, Charity called me and the video camera is not broken!!

Wesley was the only boy in the group!! This picture pretty much says it all...wait for me girls!


Wesley being Wesley!
Great smiles!!


Future MC Grads...next time we can add Britain to the picture (she was asleep)

I love going to MC!! We saw the new soccer fields and the new apartments. Beth just wrote me and said we need to get a MC reunion together. I could not agree more!!! The college is special but the friendships that I made at MC are priceless!!! Love you MC girls!

6 comments:

CharGrill said...

I love these pictures!!! Go future Angels, or Avenging Angels...whatever it is now!!! I hope I have a little girl one day that also wants to go to MC to keep the tradition alive! Brittany has taken a short tour there with me, but I'd be happy if she went to UVA as well to keep an eye on her! Did you tell Wesley that there is a school for him, too, just across Hillsborough St??!! And I TOTALLY agree about an MC reunion of those of us that keep in touch...I guess we'll be having our 10 year reunion next year...can you believe it?!

Avery & Hailey said...

I didn't realize our 10 year is next year...geez.

Christy N said...

These are great...and Lawson is hilarous. I hope you are writing all of this down in a journal. Your children are just beautiful. That's crazy about our 10 year, next year. I have been organizing photos the last few days and there are so many MC pics. 10 years....wow!!

Laura said...

Did you take the kids inside to see the class dolls? Can't remember if you've done that before, but you should definitely show Lawson the awesome outfit you made for Millie!

Anonymous said...

I love going to MC and walking around. It's one of my favorite things to do. I can not believe it's been almost 10 years. It feels like we were just there. A reunion would be awesome.

Mommy Bowen said...

I LOVE THIS! I was dying laughing! She is such a doll!