Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's in a Name?

I have been thinking about this for a while and decided to post about What is in a name?

Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I haw appointed you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

This got me thinking....
Lawson: Means "son of law" well lets forget the 'son' part because Lawson is all girl. Let's just pretend it says just "of law"

Case and point...

A friend answered her Grandma with a "yeah"

Lawson says to the little girl "You say 'yes mam' to your Grandma not yeah"

I am thinking (okay practice what you preach and we will be okay)

Needless to say the Grandma was overly impressed and said Lawson could come over anytime!

She is going to be a Lawer!! Haha!! Because it isn't always about practicing what you preach, it is just knowing the law!

Wesley means West Meadow.... OKAY whatever that mean. Let me in on some of his nick names and it will make more sense...
"Messy Wessy" or "My Little Tornato"


See God did know my children by name...and he got it right!!!

I am sure there is nothing in the Bible about Dogs, but if there was He got it right too...

Meet Chewy...

Meet my back door!!
Chewy loves to chew...go figure!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

God is certainly amazing! All your kids are precious. I'm always looking forward to hear about the antics that they are up to.

What does Maridith mean?????

Rinker's blog said...

you always make me laugh. I love reading your post. when I need a good laugh i just realy your page. thanks so much