Tuesday, August 18, 2009

She is off...


Today was a big day for Miss Lawson!! We packed up her bags, we drove to Kinston where we met up with her Grammy and Pops. We had a wonderful lunch at King's BBQ and then Lawson, Grammy and Pops headed East, while Wesley and I headed West.

Lawson is spending 3 days with just her Grammy and Pops!! No Mommy or Daddy around!

This is a mixed bag of emotions for me. I know she is ready for some "time away from mommy" and I am ready for some "time" myself, but that doesn't mean I didn't cry a little. She is my little baby and is ready to leave the nest for a couple of days!! What is up with that?? She said to me before I left "I am sorry that you will miss me, but I am going to be gone for a couple of days!!" She never looked back...she was ready to GO, GO!! To be honest, she packed her bags on Sunday during quiet time and has been ready ever since.


Wesley did asked "wheres sissy?" several times in the car. Then when Lawson called to say she arrived at the beach safely she asked to talk to Wesley to tell him she loved him. They are so sweet!!


**Flashback** I use to go with my sister to my grandparents' home in SC every summer for almost a month! I looked forward to that month starting in January, and I have the best memories of my time there. I was fortunate that both sets of grandparents lived in the same town so I shuffled back and forth between homes. Time with Grandparents is important and my time there was truly treasured. I learned to sew, (wish I could say cook), ride the riding lawn mower, fish, garden, I watched a lot of Matlock & Price is Right, and I learned to love Braves Baseball.


I know Lawson will make wonderful memories as well!! Next time, she will have to venture up to VA to be with Nana and Dah!! Two different areas of the country, two wonderful experiences!!

No comments: