Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two Zoo Visits in One Year

The kids and I just got back from a fun adventure down in SC. My sister's mother-in-law invited me and the kids to her lake home for a long weekend. We had a blast. It was a fun filled weekend and the kids and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

One of our fun-filled adventures was Ms. Paula took us to the Columbia Zoo. My children have been to two zoos in one month!! How lucky are they? Before this summer the last time I went to the zoo was with my Aunt Shellie back in the 90s!

Each Zoo had different things to offer. I have to say the Columbia Zoo is much more hands on...


Lawson and Paula looking at the elephants



This turtle was a gift to the US in 1920 and is over 100 years old. AMAZING!


Miss Lawson hamming it up!


Guess what they had at the Columbia Zoo? GIRAFFES!! Can you tell they are excited???


My brave little man feeding a greedy goat.


Lawson's favorite part was the pony ride. Funny story from the other day. I was getting the kids seat belted in the car and Lawson was getting a little antsy and I said "Hold your horses" Lawson looked at me and said "We have horses now?" Silly girl!!


The train ride...great for kids


The carousel ride. Guess who loves the carousel now??? Back in May he was terrified of the carousel. We rode it 2 times and then Wesley cried when we had to get off.


Ms Paula, Wesley and Lawson.
I have lots more posts about our adventures in SC...stay tuned. Thank you Paula for such a wonderful time!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Paula for giving my grandchildren such a wonderful time and new grand experiences! The pics are wonderful! I know you are so excited about your new grand baby on the way!!! You think?????

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed every day with the children. They are very dear to us, and we can't wait for them to return! The fish will continue to grow and be BIG for our next fishing on the dock! Hugs and kisses to each of you...Paula