Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Family Game Night

In our home Collins and I normally split night duty. He puts one child to bed and I put the other to bed and we switch which kid we get. On my nights to put Lawson to bed we play doll house. On Collins' night they play games or puzzles. (BTW- she never loses track on who's turn it is) On Saturday night it was Game Night. Since Grammy and Pops were here Lawson wanted everyone to play Game Night. They played Marbles (Wesley and I just observed.)

For some of us born after 1975 this is where your try to knock the marbles out of circle drawn in the dirt (carpet) with another marble. For Pops and Grammy this brought back some great memories.

Wesley got to watch!! He even took a turn to flick a marble to two. The boy has great aim!


You know what they say "A Family that plays together, stays together" Okay, nobody says that but it sounds good!

Lawson was the winner!!


I am sure you are wondering how we got marbles since they are so many OTHER toys, gizmos, and games out there for kids to play with. These were from Mamma II's collection. From one generation to the next!! I love it!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOF

Pops

Maridith said...

What does LOF stand for??

Anyone??

Anonymous said...

Sweet memories. I remember Daddy Bob teaching how to play marbles at my Grammy Hammy’s house in GA. What a rush…

Love,
Nana

Unknown said...

It was so much fun, especially to hear Lawson counting the marbles! She really did beat us! I tried very hard, but am out of practice! Mama II has left you
all a great gift of fun and memories!

Grammy

Anonymous said...

LOF........lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

LOF........lots of fun!