Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Homework Time for Lawson

This week (the first week in October) Lawson has been coming home with homework in preschool. Now, this might not seem like a big deal to some, but "HELLO, My baby has homework!!"

Here is the amazing part...(unlike her mother) she LOVES homework. Now, take into consideration she gets to use crayons rather then textbooks, but still she looks forward to it. Let's hope she is like this when she is high school!

Lawson writing her name...very important first step


For once in my life my timing is perfect!! I just finished this desk in our den. Read about it here. Lawson said to me "Thank you mom for making me a homework desk" Music to a mommy's ears! That was the intent, I just didn't know it was going to be used THIS year!!


Here is the finished homework.


I am happy to report she got an sticker for her fantastic artwork. Then last night we started getting Letter worksheets. They are starting with the letter "L" I love it!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe she has homework!

Anonymous said...

I love the description of the homework and the haystacks. You make me smile with all the memories you are capturing in your blog. I love you!

Mom/Nana

Lauren said...

HOMEWORK! Wow. Well, at least she likes it. And she is doing so well. Timing couldn't have been more perfect with finishing the desk. It is also in a good spot so you can keep an eye on things.

I'm going to the grocery tomorrow and buying stuff to make me some Haystacks. YUM!