Monday, January 12, 2009

The Brew Master


Okay, this is going to be really cheesy and you might have other opinions of me after this post, but I don't care cause it is my blog!

Collins has been busy making homemade beer! But in our home we don't say beer we say "soda" so Lawson never goes to school one day and says "My mommy and daddy drink beer!" Smarty pants daddy started calling it "soda" for adults and there has been no outbursts as of yet!

If you know me or Collins you know we like an occasional "soda" and because Collins really likes concocting things I thought a "Mr. Beer" or "Mr. Soda" would be a great addition in our home. So Collins got busy making his first batch of "soda" right after Christmas. We have not drank it yet but we have bottled it. You do have to taste it to make sure it is not too sweet and it tasted like a good flat "soda." The first batch should be ready by next week sometime. Who wants to come over & try it with us? Who knows my dining room could become "Fitts' Brewery"


To not waste time he got another batch brewing! I think I got an A+ for a great gift this year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to come over to try out the "soda." I wonder how it will come out? If it comes out to be the best soda ever would it be cheaper to make soda or buy it?

LKB

Anonymous said...

How cool! We have a friend who makes his own brew and will occasionally share with us. The possibilities are endless. Hope the first batch turns out well! (btw- we do say beer in our house, and Ethan has started assuming that every drink we have is beer. Oh, man- I'm sure we're going to pay for that one!)