Saturday, January 17, 2009

Praying for Harper



One of the many blogs I read is called Kelly's Korner. Kelly is an amazing Christian who has been writing about her trouble with getting pregnant to the glorious gift of pregnancy. (I found her blog about a month ago and have been following it) On Friday Kelly, at 40.5 weeks, gave birth to Harper Brown Stamp a 9lb 12oz baby girl. Harper was having trouble breathing at birth and they found out she was diagnosed with pneumonia. She was transported to a Children's hospital and was not given a good chance to live. Through the miracle of prayer the baby is doing unbelievably better and does not need a by-pass (ECMO) because she is doing so much better. With that being said she is not completely out-of-the-woods. I am sharing this with you all to join me in prayer for Little Harper and her family. Trust me when you read her blog you feel like you know her and you would love to have her in your circle of friends! I think that one of the gifts of blogging is to be able to connect to people to whom you would NEVER connect with on a normal basis and we can spread the word to help each other.

Kelly wrote "He (her husband) just called me crying because he couldn't believe the kindness we have been shown. It's so overwhelming. Our whole family has cried so much because of the overwhelming kindness of friends and strangers."

I have to say I am always encouraged by the kindness of strangers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Their family is now on our prayer list.

Love, Pops & Grammy