Monday, January 5, 2009

My Little Man is starting to walk!!

Wesley is now venturing into another stage of his life, right before his 1st birthday! Yesterday morning Wesley woke up extra early and did not show any signs of going back to sleep. So we drank, ate and went to the playroom to not disturb anyone. Well, once Wesley got settled into playing with something I decided to check my email. As I was on the computer, back facing him- my son - WALKED RIGHT PAST ME!! I caught him out of the corner of my eye and we was clearly walking without any assistance towards some other toys near the desk. Not really sure how long he had been walking. I was completely blown away!! Trying not to startle him I got up turned him around and he WALKED right back to me!! I couldn't believe it!!

Wes is a tad stubborn and won't walk with you unless it is on his own will. If you try to put him on his feet rather then his behind the child gets spaghetti legs. I really thought walking would be another month or 2 away. He fooled me!!

I have tried to capture it on video without success. He only walks when he wants too!! I tell you he is stubborn (no idea where he gets it from). So until then you will just have to believe me.

His other accomplishment these days is climbing the whole flight of stairs in 10 seconds flat!! He is fast!!! I am in trouble once he starts running!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah for Wes...I'm so proud of him!

Anonymous said...

That kid is already way ahead of the curve. Good luck! Pops

Elizabeth said...

Yay for Wes! So funny that he just wandered on by.

Anonymous said...

Of course he is stubborn! I'm so proud of him. I can't believe is almost a year!

Love,
Aunt Perfect