Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW DAY!!

Today was a SNOW DAY!! We got between 5-6 inches today!! It was a glorious day and as one of Lawson's books say "Thank you God for fluffy white snow, that quiets the noisy world" It is so true!! It was beautiful (cold) day and nice to spend the day with the kids with no agenda!!

It would of been better if Daddy was around, but he is in the land care business and he was at work at 3AM this morning!! What a guy- if it was me I would of called in sick!!

Anyway- I was excited about a snow day, so when I woke up this morning I made the kids snowmen pancakes. It was a tradition in my home as a kid and I started it in my home for my kids!!


Mr Chew LOVES the snow!! He was the first one to brave the cold!


Wesley's First Snow & in his daddy's snow suit!!


Lawson loved the snow!


Snow Angel!


Snow hitting her in the face


Mommy and Lawson enjoying a snow day together!


(The picture I am not showing is of Lawson crying because she is cold!!)

Warm Cocoa tastes so YUMMY!!


Yep, I laid him in the snow (I am nice like that!!)


Just don't eat the yellow snow!


Mommy, Lawson and Wes!!


We had a great day! Tomorrow we are going to try to make a snowman!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, the snowman pancakes are adorable and sure make my rice krispie treats look awfully weak! Great pics of the kids. Glad you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

YAY for snow! What a wonderful day! I remember the different shaped pancakes mom would make for us. The kids also look so cute all bundled up.

Lauren

Christy N said...

Yeah, this morning (Wed) we were able to make a snowman...yesterday the snow wouldn't pack. You kiddos are so beautiful. I love the snowman pancake!!

Unknown said...

The photos are just too precious! What fun making the neat pancakes! You are an awesome mommy!
Grammy

Anonymous said...

The photos are just too precious! What fun making the neat pancakes! You are an awesome mommy!
Grammy

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pancakes! I might have to make those tomorrow morning. Looks like you had a great time!