Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pullen Park Adventure

Last Friday I took the kids to Pullen Park for our morning out adventures. Pullen Park is one of my all-time favorite parks in Raleigh. Mainly because it has a train and a carousel. We met up with The Lails and the Spesshardts and we had a wonderful time. The kids and I had a picnic out there before we went home. It was a great, humid-free day!!

Mommy, Lawson and Wesley on the Carousel


Now this is fun!!


Charity, Siena and Britain (hiding behind the ear)


Feeding the ducks, geese and turtles (thanks for the bread Charity)


Train time!!


Lawson on the boats. The last time she was on these boats (2 yrs old) they had to stop the ride because she was standing up!! Big improvement!!


Wesley on the carousel ride (the second time), he is not a big fan!

(I took this myself)

Heather, Quinn and Holden. Now these boys loved the carousel ride!


Lawson smiled the whole time!!


The "big kid" riding on the boats



Mommy Rant...the 8o's fashions are back and they truly are as ugly now as it was then.
The colorful sunglasses, tight pants and baggy shirts are so bad. The park was full of teenagers on a field trip. I swear one teenage girl looked like Debbie Gibson with vest and the black hat.

I almost choked on my own laughter!! I also realized I really don't get out enough and yet another sign I am not as young as I think I am!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What might be even more sad is that you remember wearing the same style! Hahaha!

Love you!
L