Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wesley's First Day of Preschool

Today was a big day for Mr Wesley.  Wesley is now in the 2 year old room at preschool!  His first year of school.  Yippee!!  Here is my big guy all ready to go. 

My son of many expressions...is a little put off by my requests for pictures.

CLASSIC!!

Now we are done...

Wesley told me in the car "I am not going to cry mommy, okay!"  That is what I like to hear.  Then when we got there he started getting a little intimidated...

Once I got him in the room he had a full tantrum (no tears) just public display of "I am not happy."  Mother-of-the-Year takes a picture to remember this fabulous moment.  All the other mothers looked at me like I had 3 eyes.  Ummm...do you not have a 2 year old too?

Then he saw they were playing with play-dough. He popped up and went right to his chair. 

Wesley never looked for me again.  I did get a kiss and a good-bye.
Despite his temper tantrum when I saw him after our Parent Conference he was playing Ring Around the Rosie and having a BLAST!!! He seemed to be listening well and following instructions.  I think it is going to be a wonderful year for Wesley and he is going to learn so much this year.

As for me- I am going to TREASURE having these few hours a week kid free until baby girl is born in Jan/Feb. 

Gotta go...lots to be done.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Look at your cutie! Sorry about the fit...hey, at least he doesn't have a paci in his mouth!

Heather said...

Yay for Wesley's first day! I am sure that he ended up having a blast! **I LOVE the fact that you took a picture of the fit . . . gotta remember everything, right? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful he likes it! He is so precious!
Grammy