Friday, February 11, 2011

Leaving the Hospital and Firsts

Wednesday Feb 2nd (her due date) we left the hospital.  It was a beautiful day and unseasonably warm.  Although, I was ready to go home and be with my family I will miss the luxuries of the hospital.  Like room service- which by the way the food at Rex is WONDERFUL!  We even got a meal for that evening as a parting gift.  So nice!
My mom stayed with me at the hospital and we had so much fun and it was kinda like a slumber party.  I know that is strange but our nights with Cailyn were not bad and we got to talk and talk about everything under the sun.  I love my mommy!
The time had arrived and it was time to go home.  Here we are ready to leave and take her home.
DSC_0801
Our precious Cailyn Lea. 
DSC_0804
Cailyn waiting for her first car ride!
DSC_0814
Cailyn first time driving up to her home.
 DSC_0818
Can you tell she is excited?
DSC_0824
First time in her bouncy seat.
DSC_0838
Our neighbors were her first outside visitors.  Lawson is so proud of her baby sister!
DSC_0852
The first morning at our home.
 DSC_0868
First bath…
DSC_0891
First ride to the doctors
DSC_0880
First time checking out her bedroom.  (BTW- she loves it)
DSC_0886
Finally…the first time of many she will be disappointed by NCSU basketball.
DSC_0897

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ok, it is so not fair how good you look coming home from the hospital!

CharGrill said...

How SWEET! LOVE these photos! Glad to hear Rex takes such good care of Mommies! That is where I was born, ions ago. Of course, it is probably a lot nicer now! What great photos of your newly expanded family! Can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful! Love all the "first: pics! You have such a precious family - I can see the love! :)

Melissa said...

Ha! The first time being disappointed by NC State basketball made me laugh. Hinton and Elsbeth have learned that lesson too. Actually, I've had 32+ years of that lesson.

Cailyn is beautiful by the way!

Melissa M.