Friday, August 8, 2008

Lawson's Friend

Yesterday, when I went to pick-up Lawson I found out that her friend, Matthew, had been in a tragic accident involving a lawn mower. His life was saved but unfortunately his right leg was not and was amputated above the knee. Here is Matt's story.

Matt's dad was at school today to drop off Matt's younger sister. I got to speak with him for a few minutes and he says that Matt is in wonderful spirits and is pumped to get his "Spider man" leg. The accident happened last Friday and he is coming home tomorrow. He is really excited to get back to school!! He will have to go back and continue with lots of therapy but he is doing great. He is an amazing young man.

Another reason I am writing this is to let everyone know the dangers of lawn mowers. Please be cautious and if you are cutting your lawn keep your kids inside!! I wasn't sure if I was going to post this but I heard about the fundraisers on a local radio station so I thought it would be okay.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, how terrible. I love the spirit of kids to be excited about his 'spider man' leg. Please keep me updated.