Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weekend with Nana and Dah

This weekend Nana and Dah came down for the weekend. As always we had a great time. This time around Collins had planned a little day trip down to Fayetteville for us to go the the Botanical Gardens on the Cape Fear River, The Airborne and Special Ops Museum and looked at some lake/golf course communities for Mom and Dad to retire too! It was a hot one but we really did make the most of 8 hours. The kids were perfect. The best part of the trip for Lawson was to sit in the 3rd row. She has never sat back there (neither had I until Sat) and talks about sitting back there all of the time now.

Mom's note: It was fun visiting another part of our state. I have to say going to the Special OPS museum opened my eyes as to what our Military Men and Women do for our county. My heart sank thinking about all of the men and women who die for our country or the sacrifice our Military m/w make for us. It really did blow me away. I have never been one to put stickers of any type on my car but I did buy a "Support our Troops" magnet. A small way of showing my support.

Back to our trip- I don't think my parents fell in love with the communities we showed them but we tried! Anything to get them out of NOVA.

Here are some pictures...

Nana and Maridith at the Botanical Gardens


Lawson and a pretty butterfly


Two kids - extra tired - yes, Wes is in a black and pink stroller, so what!?!, and yes I think Lawson is too big for this stroller. We had the third row up and couldn't fit the double-stroller. So we took two small strollers.


This is a sculpture representing the papers that fell out of the twin towers as they crumbled. The rusty beams are from the actual towers. Unbelievable how thick those things are and what force it took to crumble and bend them. I actually got chills looking at this sculpture. It dawned on me how wonderful it is to be a kid and not know such evil exists.


Back to happy stuff- Lawson reading to Nana and Wes

No comments: