Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just a little update...

I haven't posted much this week because I am tired!! My super-pumped energy that I had last week is gone. Probably, because I am not sleeping well. No it isn't because of Wes. It is mainly because I have sleep issues!! I just can't stop thinking!! Most nights I find myself moving to the couch because that seems to be the only place I can sleep. I don't know why, it is just the way it is right now. I have had this issue on and off for over 6 years. It isn't going away any time soon!! Enough about me, because I know that is not why you read this blog.

How are the kids...

Lawson, oh my sweet, darling, 3 year old Lawson!! I love spending time with her but I also like it when she goes to school. As terrible as that sounds it is the truth!! Monday we don't have pre-school and our day was great except she REFUSED to take a nap. But by the evening the 'Lawson monster' poked out her little head, but it wasn't too bad. Then by Tuesday morning the 'Lawson moster' was out in full gear and it was AWFUL!! Oh my goodness!! The clothes we picked out the day before were ugly, brushing her hair was a disaster, the pop tart was broken and the world was coming to an end. Anything that could set her off did. With the screaming and yelling I was about ready to lose it!! She finally calmed down...enough for us to go out in public and off to school we went! No, I wasn't excited at all!! We talked about the morning, hugged, kissed and everything was okay. I really thought when we got to daycare she would run in there and never look back. Wrong again!! She didn't want me to leave. Go figure!! I don't think I will ever completely understand a 3 year old.

The point of my story... I have none. I am just venting!! This morning things were a little smoother except for the clothes issue. I talked to my sister about it and I am going to try another tactic tomorrow! Wish me luck!!

Wes, my little man who is so happy!! He just sits and watches. This is just an observation but I think he is going to be a slow talker. Why you ask? It is not because he is a boy or because he is slow. I think it is because he is smart and from watching Lawson he is learning- when the wrong thing comes out of your mouth you get in trouble so why say anything at all!! I am really just kidding. {kinda}
Wes is fully recovered from his sickness last week. Things he is eating...EVERYTHING. I don't think I ever mentioned this but I started making his baby food and there is nothing that I have made for him that he won't eat. I am very blessed to have 2 children who will eat pretty much anything. His favorite thing these days is Cheerios. Our accomplishment for this week is he knows how to say "more" in sign language. I taught him it and witnessed it FIRST!! Yeah!! It is the cutest thing!!

Well that is it from here. Just because I am venting doesn't mean I am not happy to be at home with my kids. This is really the best job in the world!! I would rather deal with them any day over grown adults who act like my 3 year old!! I love being at home and I have to hand it to all the SAHMs out there this is no walk in the park!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are settling into stay-at-momhood. We have the horrible 3s too (whoever said 2s were terrible must've forgotten about 3s), and I also have to negotiate naps- usually rewarding Ethan with the PBS cartoon, Arthur. Doesn't always work though! Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog and hope you don't mind if I link to it from ours. =)
Katie