Monday, October 27, 2008

From Drab to Fab (almost)

Our summer project this year was to paint the shutters to our home. We took them all down over the July 4th weekend and 3 1/2 months later they are on the house and it looks wonderful (thank you hubby) I can't believe it but I don't have a before shot of the house so I had to pull something out of the archives to show what it looked like before.
Before:

After:


Now that the shutters are painted and up (finally!!) and looks a thousand times better. We need to paint the front door. We are struggling on what color to paint it. I need your help. Should it be black, a shade of red, green or yellow? Our home is in a very traditional (old) neighborhood and several houses on our street have the same color brick and same color shutters. None of them have a red door but why not be really different. I don't know it was just a thought. I saw a traditional home with a yellow front door on HGTV and thought it looked awesome. Now we know the front of the house still needs landscape but everything takes time and money!! Baby steps, baby steps!


Tell me what you think? I would love to hear from you! I will post a poll on the side so you can vote!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The shutters look great! I voted for red for the door.

Jennifer said...

I vote for red too! I think black shutters and a red door is just classy!

Unknown said...

Maridith your house is beautiful and the shutters look great. I voted for a red front door too!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the red as well. I think with the beige trim already in place yellow just wouldn't fit.
But the shutters look amazing. A simple (but lengthy) project really made the house look fresh and up-to-date.

Great job!

Love
L

The Thompsons said...

I vote red...although I have seen some pretty ones with yellow too...red...State?

Darla said...

Hi Maridith! I like the idea of a gold/yellow door. Not a bright yellow door.

I love what you did with the shutters. Makes a huge difference. Looks like a new house!

Avery & Hailey said...

oh i love your house! Very pretty! Red door.

Anonymous said...

I think just the right color of yellow door is really awesome. I have noticed several doors done in yellow and I loved them. Also, the wreaths on your door look great with yellow.
G