Saturday, April 4, 2009

Church Family Pictures

I wasn't sure if I was going to post about this but its my blog, my thoughts, and if I make someone mad, it is my opinion.
This week we had family pictures done at the church. I really didn't put to much thought into our outfits because this was for the church not for my home, right? Well, as soon as we were done they tried to sell us on the family photos. They said the 10X13 is complimentary and pick out your dream package. I looked at the photos and they were okay, but the PRESSURE of trying to decide if we needed these pictures was not fun. I thought we were just getting pictures for the church directory!! They reminded us the 40% of the proceeds go to the church. I thought to myself, "if I wanted to give the church 40% I would give them a check." Well, one deposit later we are now the proud owners of our first professional family picture since Wes has been born. It wasn't something I was planning on buying. It wasn't in the budget, but now we have family pictures being delivered in 2 months.
Imagine all of us in the photo.

I am trying not too complain, but these guys are pushy and to think it happened in my own church just ticks me off. When we left there I was just mad. I told my friend about my experience and she said she had the same thing happen to her at her church. Do these photographers really think they are doing churches a favor? Then as we were leaving he said "Well, God Bless you" I just thought thanks for pouring salt in the wound!!!


Next time I will be smart and not go, or be prepared to say "NO."

3 comments:

Avery & Hailey said...

YES! They are like used car sales men...no offense if anyone is a used car sales man...butyou know what I mean. You guys look great!

Lauren said...

Mar,

You look AMAZING! The "being a SAHM" look is really working for you.

I think you should let the church know your frustrations... Possibly see if anyone else felt the same way.

CharGrill said...

These folks were always the same way at our church years ago. I remember my mom struggling with the same decision. I think it is totally WRONG for them to push pictures on you. I would have said, thanks for the freebie and NO THANKS for anything else - regardless of where the proceeds go. How dare they??!!