Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jesus is Alive

Last week we got a brown paper bag with seeds in it. The lesson from this week's Bible Story is about Jesus' lifeless body coming to life as "He is risen" and so do the seeds. We are to plant the whole tube with seeds and we will watch as the seeds come to life.

I thought it was a great lesson. So Lawson and I ventured outside to plant our "Jesus seeds" as Lawson calls it.

She really does love projects, so this was right up her ally!!

Now we are ready to watch them grow. I am saying a little prayer that I remember to water these seeds, because ask Collins I have a black thumb & do not feel like disappointing her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet and precious! I will pray for Lawson's seeds! She will remember this great lesson!

Grammy

Lauren said...

What a great project. I love that she calls them her "Jesus Seeds!" I will try to help you remember to water them.

Christy N said...

Very Cute!! A hint about the seeds...have her use a spritzer to spray them to have them stay damp rather than water them...if they are tiny seeds they will drown easily. You can get one from the dollar store. About praying for your seeds...we pray over our veggie garden each summer. IT WORKS!!! What a sweet project.