Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How I got a black eye!!

I had alluded last week that the adventure getting to the Science Museum was one for the books, so I thought I would share with you. Because I am the type that laughs when people trip or fall, I can laugh at my own self!!

My sister was getting the kids out of the car and I was responsible for getting out the stroller. Simple task. Done it a million times. Not a big deal-WRONG! The stroller is a funky tri-fold stroller and sometimes take a good jolt to open. So I gave it a good jolt and out flying from the seat was a toy that hit me right underneath my left eye. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES??


I never cried but trust me if I wasn't so worried out all the people who could of been watching me through the office windows and from their car I probably would of! My boo-boo immediately swelled and Lawson immediately started crying saying "I don't want my mommy to be hurt." So I gathered myself, not really being able to smile and proceeded forward. Then two steps towards the museum Lawson trips and falls!! Thought about getting back in the car, but we continued to the museum and had a nice time!! Just getting there was the pits!!



Just call me grace! My daughter gets her gracefulness from me!!

Today, 1 week later my under eye is every color of the rainbow and not in a pretty way!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

i love the picture of the two of you! i'm glad you guys are o.k.! grace...be careful!

Avery & Hailey said...

Great pic! I'm sorry about your eye...seriously, motherhood can be painful.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. I'm not only laughing with you, but yeah, I'm laughing at you!! Sounds like it is healing now. It's always an adventure.

Love you,
L

Donna Wright said...

Girl.....I am glad you are OK. I miss you!! Let's have a drink over the phone soon!

Unknown said...

Oh my what a day! Glad you are ok. The picture of you and Lawson is wonderful!