Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lawson's Knight in Shining Armor

Yesterday, Lawson was having fun outside, not really doing anything out of the ordinary just running around with Mr. Chew. Well, as luck would have it she fell really hard on and scrapped up both of her knees really bad or bad enough for 6 band-aids!

I got Lawson all doctored up but could never calm her down. She kept on crying for 'daddy.' EXCUSE ME!! I am the mommy, I am the one who is suppose to be able to nurture all your needs and you are asking for daddy?!?!?! This was a first. I decided to call Collins in hopes he could calm her down over the phone. Her pathetic cries and her asking "Daddy please come home" it made me tear-up. Oh, my heart just hurt for her!! I calmed her down with food in the den and a movie (both a treat). Everything was back in order, then about 30 minutes later...

Low-and-behold, a Knight in Shining Armor strolled through the back door! Oh the kids just squealed in delight to see Daddy!! So he cuddled and kissed Lawson's boo-boo and made her all better. I have to admit I was very happy to see him too and it MADE LAWSON'S DAY!! What a good daddy!!!

So how is Lawson now? Once daddy came home she was fine and still running on the concrete!!
Her outfits are getting better and better each day!! Notice the Jelly shoes?? Ladies from Class of '00 remember these from the 3-5th grade? What goes around comes around!!
This picture just cracked me up and I had to add it. She is going to love me when she is 13!!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww how sweet! Daddy to the rescue! Good thing she had an extra supply of Band-aids! I love her outfits!

Unknown said...

What a sweet story! It takes two parents! Mommy, you were the "first responder."

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Collins! What a great treat to have him come home early.

Heather said...

What a great Daddy! I am so loving the outfits. And yes, she's going to LOVE those pics in the future . . . rehearsal dinner, perhaps?

Avery & Hailey said...

What a great daddy!

love the outfit...hilarious!