Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lawson’s School Music Program

Tuesday night we had our first school program at Lawson’s school.  Lawson was super excited to share with us all she was singing and that she was going to be a butterfly for one of the songs.  It was a great program and we had a great time watching all of the kids perform.  It was also a great opportunity for us to meet some of her friends. 

(BTW- I should say I was a little nervous that she wouldn’t perform and cry but then I remembered she is a “big girl” now and there is no way she would embarrass herself by crying in front of her friends. Sometimes there is such thing as good peer pressure)

Lawson during the first song!

CSC_1435

I think she sang during most of the program.

CSC_1434

Lawson as the butterfly! The program was great and all the kids did excellent.

CSC_1433

Walking back to the gym.  Behind her is Ms. Millie.  She loves her teacher Miss. Millie!

CSC_1432

Lawson introduced me to her best friend, Dubbie (yes, that is her real name)  She was so sweet!!

DSC_1428

Lawson’s other best friend Aiden.

DSC_1429

Then while I was snapping pictures another girl came up and said "take my picture too” so I did.  Lawson then informed me that little girl is “So annoying and pushy” I thought to myself…I can’t tell.

DSC_1431

As a special treat we took the kids to McDonalds for dinner and we let them play on the playground inside.  The kids were overwhelmed with our generosity because we normally never go to restaurants/ fast food  ESPECIALLY on a school night.  When we got home from McDonalds we sang Daddy Happy Birthday and ate cake.  What a great evening. 

No comments: