Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy 6 month Anniversary to ME!!

Today is my 6 month anniversary of being a SAHM. Yeah for me!! It dawned on me this morning as I was able to wake-up slowly and enjoy the birds singing in bed, that we have made it six months!! YEAH!!! When we first began this adventure on one income we really were not sure how long this stint would last, but with many, many Blessings we have made it 6 months and hope to make it for much longer.

These last 6 months have been so MUCH FUN!! I have been able to spend everyday with Lawson and Wesley and that is the greatest gift of all. There have been some hard days, some challenging days especially in the beginning, but I think we have figured each other out. Wes is sleeping through the night (can I get an, AMEN!!) which makes me SO MUCH happier. From September 30 to now he is walking, talking (kinda), happy happy happy and such a joy!! (Of course he still screams a lot but what can I say he wants his mommy & still loves to be held a lot)

Lawson only wants to please so keep her on a task and she is as good as gold. When she gets bored she is TROUBLE!! I am working hard on teaching her letters and writing her letters. It makes me feel so good to know I am partly responsible for teaching her the building blocks of learning.

I am actually not a true SAHM. I do work part-time for my old company. I am still working hard on The Other Kid with Charity, and I have another secret I haven’t shared with many of my blogging friends (and was discovered by Beth today!) I have another blog called “The Procrastinator Crafter” I started the blog in January this year. It has really been a scrapbook of all my crafts, projects and home goals. I started it to keep me motivated and it has done wonders for me. So if you would like go over there and take a look around. It has been a fun blog!!

Well, that is it from here. My hair color is done and it is time to rinse (motherhood is stressful & my body and I are fighting on what color my hair should be!!)

Have a wonderful day!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

AMEN! I know Wes sleeping through the night was a huge blessing. Congratulations on your 6 mo anniversary. I'm so proud of you. I love reading your blog and watching the kids grow.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very proud of you and Collins. It takes great team work to accomplish what you two are doing. You two are great parents!

Love,
Pops

Avery & Hailey said...

Love your other site! Glad Wes is sleeping through the night...I can empathize!