Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Collins


Yesterday was Collins birthday. On Saturday I took Collins out for dinner at a local Sushi/Hibachi place. It really worked out nicely. My mom was in town for the weekend so we were able to go out without the kids (double treat). The sushi was so good and we got to enjoy a good game of basketball without snow (no cable in the Fitts' home). It was really nice!
Then we went bowling! I haven't been bowling in years. I felt like a teenager again (except for the few muscles I found the next day). It was so much fun. We even bowled on Lane #32 I think that was a sign that #32 is going to be a lucky year for him!!


Daddy got some nice gifts. The brew master got some new brew & an Ipod. He is now part of the 21st centurty!! The kids got daddy a Sponge Bob Birthday Card. He loved it!!

You know since I am now I SAHM I did my best to live up to what the title implies (home cooking, clean house, etc). I bought him a Boston Creme Pie from Lowes. It was hard work!! I figure nothing can compete with his Grandma's Boston Creme Pie. So why compete!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah...Happy Birthday Collins! Glad you had a nice day together...just the two of you!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Old Man! Great job on the cake Mar!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe our son is 32! Sounds like it was a nice birthday. Boston Cream from Lowes is the next best thing to home made to me.

Love, Pops

PS: On our next visit I'm going to start giving Wes some "Pop" Sicles. Maybe Grammy can start using "grammy" crackers.......Ha, Ha

Heather said...

So glad to hear that Collins had a great birthday! I've used Lowes for many a pie and cake . . . why not?!? :-)

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Collins!!! Sounds like it was a fun weekend! I've seen the cakes at Lowes..yum!

Unknown said...

Seeing my "baby" with his own children 32 years later makes my heart sing and twinge! Love you my dearest son!

Mom