Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Untold Story

Recently on my Procrastinator Crafter Blog I posted pictures of Lawson in this tunic top I made her. Oh so cute, right? What wasn't said was how much darn work it took to get this child in this outfit.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO DRESS A FOUR YEAR OLD???

Everything started out great that morning, we had a nice breakfast we were laughing and talking about Denny's adventures and how he landed in his new spot. Then the moment came for Lawson to get dressed. I should note Lawson knew that particular day was spirit day and she had to wear red or green and she knew exactly what Mommy had made for her to wear. So getting dressed should be a breeze, right?

Ha-ha, PLEASE!! First it was the turtle neck was to tight around her neck and the complaining and whining was enough for me to call it a day and it wasn't even 8:30AM & I had not had a Coke. After walking away from her (and maybe a little screaming) she finally walked up to me and said "I am use to it now, it isn't too tight." Okay, then it was the tunic time. Now getting into a pillowcase tunic top is not the easiest thing in the world. You have to tie one side then the other and maybe adjust. Well, it was too tight, then it was falling off her shoulders, then it was not Christmasy enough...do you see where I am going with this? After 10 minutes of adjusting & whining...it finally was fine.

Then God help me it was time for socks and shoes. All the socks tickled her feet!! I knew just want to do at this point...leave the darn socks off!! I truly don't care!!

Finally...it was time for hair...Thank goodness she can brush her own hair and all I had to do was throw in a bow!

20 minutes of torture on both sides...

For this...


There is a reason why mothers have unwavering love for their tikes...because this morning I was truly ready to throw in the towel!! I realize now after writing this all out part of my frustration was to make sure she looked extra cute for her school spirit day. I had high expectations and when I didn't see my child being appreciate of my efforts my temper was much shorter then normal. I realize now that was my issue and not hers. Oh, sometimes I truly do fail the test of a good mother but at least I can see my errors and try to work on them!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You are a great Mom. Truly "Mother of the year!"