Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Two of Our Family Christmas Traditions

Denny has become a fabulous tradition in our home that we started 2 years ago. Lawson and now Wesley, fully embrace the magic of Denny. Lawson was so excited Nov 30th (the eve of Denny's arrival) and left him marshmallows and water for him after his long journey here.
Lawson's face when she spotted Denny. (sorry for the toilet shot)
She has been talking and singing to Denny. She has asked him MANY TIME "Please tell Santa to bring me lots of presents!" The magic of Denny has been pretty nice she says regulary "Yes, mam and No, mam" and has done a pretty good job of listening. THANK YOU DENNY!! (can you stick around all year)
Our other tradition is to have an Advent Calendar out and stocked with candy. (This was the Advent Calendar we used when I was a child.) As always the anticipation for candy each day is a HUGE treat.
I love family traditions!! I would love to hear some of yours!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the idea of using Denny. It has to be so much fun to see the spirit of Christmas in the kid's eyes. I hope that Will and I start some family traditions when our newest family member arrives.

Anonymous said...

Denny's sister "Denise" is at our house,on top of the tree today. Denise makes sure Grammy doesn't sneek open any presents and rewrap them before Christmas.

Pops

Love Lawson's hair.

Unknown said...

What can I say?????

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.