Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We Survived Our 1st Tooth

 Tonight was the night!  I was brushing Lawson's teeth and her bottom tooth was moving (way to much) and looking all gimped out.  I took my sister's advice got some Orajel rubbed it all around it and sent her to see her dad.  Last picture with a full set of baby teeth!!



Ta-da!  Daddy was the hero.  Here is her first tooth!

Now we can sing "All I want for Christmas is my bottom tooth!"

It happened that Heather called me while we were in the middle of this event and told me the going rate is $5 for the first tooth and $1 for the rest.  We shall see.  

Update: Lawson received $5 for her first tooth!! She was so exicited. We will be hitting up Target this weekend to see what prize she can buy!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

OH my goodness!! You did survive! Lawson is getting so big. I cannot believe this. $5!!!!! Jeeze.

Elizabeth said...

Aawww! The tooth fairy must have gotten a few promotions since I was losing teeth!

CharGrill said...

I think my Mom gave us 50 cent pieces when we lost a tooth. I still can remember losing my first one to this day - I thought my life was OVER! I was very upset! What a champ Lawson is! I still cringe when I see loose teeth dangling - ewwwwww!!!!!! That will have to be Jason's job!!

The Thompsons said...

I have been collecting $2 bills for while...hoping to to have enough for when we FINALLY get to see the tooth fairy. Davis is 6 1/2 and has NO LOOSE TEETH!

Heather said...

YAY! So excited for Lawson. Yes, I was SHOCKED when I heard $5 was the going rate for first teeth. I remember getting a quarter! *I also heard that it's $1 per tooth after the first one - not quite as steep! ;-)

Anonymous said...

The Tooth Fairy always left a brand new SHINY DIME for us!!!!!!!! It was so magical b/c it was shiny! Of course back then a dime could buy great stuff at the Five and Dime store!
CONGRATULATIONS LAWSON! My sweet grandbaby is growing up!!!!
Love,
Grammy Gram