Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Kids' Daycare

A harsh reality of being a mom is having to be a working-mom and taking your children to daycare. I know lots of moms who are blessed to be stay-at-home moms and I have to admit I am jealous. Then I know lots of moms who love being a working mom and wouldn't trade that for the world. I am constantly torn on whether or not I am making the right decision by having them at daycare. When the kids are at daycare and I am here in this empty house I miss them soooo much, it hurts. (Maybe that is why I blog so much so I can be close to them one way or another) I think about everything that I am missing (especially with little guy) and wonder what their day is like. Daycare is pretty good about not telling me what new things Wes is doing and letting me tell them what he is doing as if they haven't seen it before. I can tell by their face they have experienced it before. That is okay. As my mom has told me time and time again it is Quality not Quantity.

With that being said...I have to admit on Monday I was READY for Lawson to go back to school. I got the kids to daycare at 7:30 AM which is about an hour early then normal and surprised everyone there. Lawson and her "non-listening ears" needed a break from Mommy. Or maybe mommy need a break. As for Wes, he needed to see his friends and his girlfriend "Stephanie" so he needed a break from mommy too.




This is Lawson's teacher in the 3yr old room. She has been Lawson's teacher since the infant room. Every day Ms Stephanie goes and loves on Wes. It makes me feel so good she loves my babies soooo much.

If my kids didn't go to daycare we wouldn't know some of these wonderful ladies to whom I have grown to love. Plus, these ladies are so darn creative.... take a look at Wes's room



In the hand print flag they got the parents involved. My hand print is the 3rd row from the bottom from the blue box right!! Fun stuff!

1 comment:

Avery & Hailey said...

I understand completely! Some days it's absolutely terrible dropping them off at daycare and then there are days when I love my job and am glad I make the choice to work!