Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No Mother of the Year for me...

Okay- I am not perfect and my daughter is the first to let me know!! Mainly because she does not miss ANYTHING!! How she puts things together is amazing... Examples...

Last Wednesday...
Had to go into the office and had a MILLION bags in tow. On top of that it was Wet and Wild Wednesday which required even more bags. So on the way to daycare I remembered something I forgot and just let out a groan...
Lawson: What mommy??
Mommy: I forgot your sunscreen- Just wear a hat today and stay in the shade.
Lawson: What- are YOU going to let me SUNBURN???
Mommy's thoughts: C-R-A-P This kid is too smart!

Another Example:
Very hot day and just worked with a photographer for 2 hours to take pictures I couldn't afford. So when I settled into the car drenched I thought I said in my head "It is hot as hell"
as soon as I said it I realized I spoke it outload...
Lawson "no mommy, it is hot as heck!!"

Last Friday...
I took the kids to the pool and afterwards stopped off at Lowes to pick up our Lowes Food to Go order and then to Pizza Hut and went through the drive thru to pick up our pizza...
Lawson asked..."mommy, does all food come through a window?"
Darn- my child is going to have no idea where food comes from or what money is because she thinks all we have to do is give the blue credit card and we get food!!

Some other random day
Trying to get the kids out the door before 8AM- I got into the car and let out a sigh. Lawson said "Mommy are we running late, is that why you are upset?" I think I say "hurry up" way too much!!

All I can say is I try!

4 comments:

Donna Wright said...

I am laughing WITH you! That is so funny. That girl is so smart...you've got your hands full girl! Love you too!

Avery & Hailey said...

That is hilarious! Absolutely hilarious! Especially the "does all food come through a window."

Christy N said...

Oh my goodness...yep, that first child (especially first FEMALE child) is an intelligent one. I have NEVER had to think so much for I speak. Your children are so beautiful and I enjoy reading your blog.
Love, Christy

Rinker's blog said...

that is so funny. Lawson seems like a smart one.